Each year the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs from October 15th to December 7th.
To keep your current Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan there is no action required.
You have the option to change to a different Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan.
- There are many Medicare Advantage plans with appealing extra benefits. Some have nationwide networks that are both PPOs and HMOs.
- The rates for Medicare Supplement plans increase each year due to your age and the annual rate adjustments. If you are on a Medicare Supplement plan at some point consider a switch to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- All Medicare Advantage Plans are guaranteed issue and never have medical underwriting.
- After your initial guaranteed issue Medicare Supplement plan enrollment, your future Medicare Supplement applications will require medical underwriting.
Special Enrollment Periods Include
- Medicare Advantage members have a one time opportunity to change plans during an Open Enrollment Period from January 1st to March 31st.
- You move to a new area of the country.
- The insurance company discontinues your Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan.
- You become eligible for Medicaid or have certain Special Needs.
- There are other special circumstances, please discuss with a Medicare expert - 65AZ.com/agents.